Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 11690 times)

tumi

• Senior Squadman
    • View Profile
    • nimbleMinds
Announcement
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:48:42 AM »

final announcement here

first announcement below

nimbleMinds.eu in cooperation with Gameshrine.org and HiRez Studios proudly presents:
nimbleTourney #1: Pathfinder 5v5 CTF Cup EU
Are you relatively new to the game and want to try out how it plays competitively?
Are you an aspiring tribesman and want to compete with the best?
Or are you a seasoned veteran who wants to rather show us his blueplating skills than only be a chainhero?
For all of you, team nimbleMinds presents the Pathfinder Cup!
You do not need a large roster, you do not need a whole lot of unlocks, just grab 4 of your friends and start the competition! The groupphase makes sure your team gets some games - no insta-elimination! Teams from outside Europe are of course welcome, too: see rules for details about server regions!

Note: As a service to all the guys new to Tribes out there, we will take special care of our "Newbloods" (level below 20). This includes the tourney advancement and extra prizes (XP boosters, sponsored by HiRez). Furthermore, there are teams looking for players and players looking for teams boards. I.e., if you are still missing one (or more) players or do not have a team yet, please take a look there!

Framework
Mode: 5v5 CTF
Classes allowed: Pathfinder (PTH)
Weapons/Packs/Perks allowed: All except the Holdout Shotgun *
Not allowed: calldowns/vehicles/base upgrades

Prizes (sponsored by HiRez)
500 Gold per player per win in Elimination Phase
Additionally, there will be 3-day XP boosters for ANY Newblood participating in the tourney, upgradable to 10-day XP booster by winning a match.
Furthermore, if we get enough Newblood participants, there will be a sperate Newblood bracket with TBA prizes!

Schedule
Sign-up
Now until 31-07-2012 23:59 GMT
Possibility to form teams, declare captains.
Captains, sign up your teams here.
Group phase
01-08-2012 00:00 GMT - 11-08-2012 23:59 GMT (subject to change dependent on number of signups)
Groups (approx. 4-6 teams) will be formed randomly.
"Pro"-teams will be seeded, "Newbloods" will get special consideration.
Elimination Phase
12-08-2012 00:00 GMT - finished (subject to change dependent on number of signups)
Two rounds will be played each Sunday evening.
Picked games will be casted -amongst others- by docmatrix and the one and only HiRezBart!

If you are also interested in also casting our event, please contact docmatrix and/or tumi.

Quicklinks:
Looking For Players
Looking For Tribe
Rules Thread
Sign-up Thread
Registered Teams
Team nimbleMinds
Gameshrine.org
Tribes:Ascend

---
* Post-patch LAR and Light Twinfusor will be evaluated once available.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:54:55 AM by tumi »
nM.tumi - Co-Captain and nimbleTourney Admin

Bibendus

• Squadman I
    • View Profile
Re: Announcement
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »

You can advertise this thread using this short link:

http://5v5pth.rules.it

Noober

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 01:31:01 AM »

wow!!! it seem great!
8)

DrakeIddon

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Subject lines are AWESOME
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »

Sounds fun! I'll be helping cast as many matches as my voice can handle :D

DevilXPanther

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »

This sounds really cool. Made an account and recruitment thread just for this! I've been looking for a Tribes: Ascend community website for ages, can't believe I never heard of Gamershrine before!

LeetChocolate

• Vertigo
  • Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »

I dont know if this is the right place for this
but please ban the post-patch lar. 5 vs 5 is just turning into a chainfest. I'm looking forward to playing more matches, but I hope people consider this...

tumi

• Senior Squadman
    • View Profile
    • nimbleMinds
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 09:54:30 PM »

Hej leetchocolate,

you are indeed right about the LAR and we do apologize regarding what happened with the tourney. When this was planned, the pre-path LAR fittet perfectly for 5s. Now we have the LAR which is balanced for 7s.
Discussions with pro clans lead to the conclusion that there needs to be a weapon to chase, a long range chain, otherwise the mode is not playable. Thing is, everybody acknowledges that in the current state the LAR is ridiculously overpowered in 5s, but without, also something would be lacking.
We now have this tourney running with one ruleset until the end of the groupphase and then will get consolidated feedback from all elimination phase teams.
As a matter of fact, even just before the tourney we talked to HiRez about the imminent issue and got the following answers:
- weapons will not be balanced mode-wise (players want consistent weapon behaviour when they buy them)
- there will be no server-sided switches for weapon tuning (we wanted a simple "old lar enable/disable" switch which would have rescued this tourney, no way)

So now we have a far less spectacular, far less enjoyable (at least in my personal opinion) experience
, but we as tourney hosts can do nothing about it. We hope you still stick around and give your feedback, together we might be able to convince HiRez. This could have been a great advertizement of the unique gameplay of tribes in an understandable, better watchable format. Now, it is however not.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers,
- a sad tumi
nM.tumi - Co-Captain and nimbleTourney Admin

wickwiremr

• Cadet
  • Team MILF Launcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 02:54:02 PM »

thx for the detailed answer, tumi, and thx for all the work you guys put into the tourney/ladder. it's a shame hirez won't give us a LAR variant, because thatd have been the best solution to the problem.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33